Urban Fare (Yaletown) is conveniently located about a three-minute walk from the skytrain, in a neighbourhood surrounded by apartments, restaurants and entertainment. The store has a diverse and supportive team environment where employees care about each other and work together as a team.
Currently, Urban Fare (Yaletown) is looking for a Prep Cook and Dishwasher - we're looking for someone that can work opening and closing shifts, and who want 32 - 40 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prep work – prepping salads and different menu items, and setting the cases up properly.
- Providing support to the Cook on the main line by getting the chicken out of the oven and rushing over to support customers - the ability to multitask is a must.
- Dishwashing duties - it’s not glamorous, but it’s an important part of creating a great experience for our customers.
- Customer service and taking care of customers – the restaurant has an open-kitchen concept.
- A great team environment and atmosphere, where people are able to create genuine relationships with their colleagues.
- Opportunities to move up, even if you don’t have a degree.
- Christmas parties (boat cruise with live DJs) and other team building events.
- Full-time benefits after a year (even offered to part-time employees, as long as a certain number of hours have been worked).
- Skytrain is conveniently located only half a block away.
Some prep or cook knowledge would be desirable, but is not a requirement. As long as you can work in a team environment, are able to multitask with other people, have the ability to follow instructions, and have a good work ethic, you’ll be a good fit.