At Urban Fare (Coal Harbour), it’s all about the people. Store Managers provide their employees with flexibility when it comes to scheduling, trust, support, job security, and a steady paycheque.
The team at Urban Fare (Coal Harbour) is in it together, as employees see that the leadership team is a part of their daily grind, and help out as front-line workers where needed. Employees are proud of the brand and their downtown location, inspire each other with their different passions, and love the long-lasting friendships they’ve created with their colleagues.
Urban Fare offers delicious, quality food at a good price, and that’s why we’re so busy. Currently, we’re looking for Kitchen Helpers that are able to multitask in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment at our downtown Coal Harbour location. We're looking for people that want 24 - 32 hours a week, and are interested in working morning shifts.
What does your day look like?
- A lot of prep work – prepping salads and different menu items, and setting the cases up properly.
- Providing support to the Cook on the main line – you might be getting the chicken out of the oven, rush over to support a customer, and then run back to get the lamb started, so the ability to multitask is a must.
- Dishwashing duties - it’s not glamorous, but it’s an important part of creating a great experience for our customers.
- Running food and supplies from upstairs to downstairs – it’s a pretty active position, as you’re always on your feet and moving, so it’s a great way of staying in shape!
- A sprinkle of customer service – you’re not a front-line staff member, but it is an open kitchen concept, so you’re not behind a closed wall.
What’s in it for you?
- A great team environment and atmosphere, where people are able to create genuine relationships with their colleagues and customers.
- A leadership team that understands their business and is supportive of the people they hire.
- Steady hours – if you want 40 hours, it’s yours! We can offer steady work and a steady paycheque, with a consistent start time.
- Flexibility – we can work around your schedule and understand you have a life, and maybe even multiple jobs.
- Opportunities to move up, even if you don’t have a degree.
- Deals on food (like $1 coffees and teas).
- Weekly recognition awards in the form of $10 meal cards.
- Christmas parties (one of our last parties was a boat cruise with a live DJ) and other team building events.
- Full-time benefits after a year (even if you’re only working part-time, as long as you’ve worked a certain number of hours).
Ideally, you’ll have some prep or cook knowledge, but that’s not a requirement. As long as you’re passionate about food (as food is our passion ), can work in a team environment, are able to multitask with other people, want to learn the craft of being a cook, and want to help our team accomplish our common goals in our busy restaurant-like environment, we want to hear from you!